Many of you are familiar with my love affair with raw chocolate. For me, it’s been one of the most wonderful discoveries on my healthy journey. There are even a number of doctors who now recommend raw chocolate as part of a healthy weight loss plan! Indeed, I managed to lose 15kg over a period of around 8 months, which was a combination of supplements, a radical change in diet (heaps more raw veggies) and a LOT of raw chocolate. And I wasn’t trying to lose weight, I just wanted to get healthy. The weightloss was a very pleasant by-product.
If you are interested in learning more about the amazing medicinal benefits of raw chocolate then check out one of my previous blogs: The Raw Chocolate Revolution. You can also learn more about the mighty cacao bean through Roar Chocolate, who hold regular chocolate workshops in Perth, which I can highly recommend.
Thankfully my children also like raw chocolate. None of us ever used to be great fans of dark chocolate, but now, I’m pleased to say that I am no longer a Cadburys girl (a previous addiction to this sweet treat once caused me to gain 10kg in a few months, then it took two years to lose the extra weight!!).
So, back to healthy recipes for kids and in this blog I have some simple raw chocolate treats for the whole family to enjoy. It’s a great idea to also get the kids involved in the chocolate making process. Here is the basic raw chocolate recipe:
Simple Raw Chocolate Recipe
· 80g Raw Cacao Butter
· 50g Raw Cacao Powder (sieved)
· 3 Tablespoons Agave Syrup
· 1 small pinch of rock salt (optional – use good quality sea salt to lift the chocolate flavour)
· 1tsp Vanilla Essence (optional)
· 1 drop of either Peppermint or Wild Orange Essential Oil (optional)
1) Ensure all utensils and the bowl are dry before the ingredients are added as water can cause the mix to separate.
2) Place the raw cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat and melt.
3) Once melted add the raw cacao powder and mix well. Ensure the heat is low and add the Agave, vanilla essence and/or essential oil and mix well.
4) Once completely melted and blended remove from heat. The mixture should be runny and easy to pour. Pour into ice cube trays or silicone moulds or mini cup cake holders. Place in the freezer and leave to set for 30mins or in the fridge for around 2 hours.
6) Store your chocolates in the fridge in a glass container. Enjoy!
Other chocolate treats
To receive a FREE chocolate ebook, subscribe here.
If you’d like to learn more about how I use essential oils for our health and happiness, why not pop over to my GreenLifeOrganics Facebook Page or our online community GreenLifeOils. Or, in the meantime, you can request some free samples to get you started or click here for step by step ordering instructions. If you are not sure where to start then contact me on +44 (0) 7557337363 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free 20 min wellness consultation.